FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS
DO OIL & PROPANE COMPANIES REQUIRE A CREDIT APPLICATION?
It is a common practice for most oil and gas companies to request a credit application from customers or potential customers. If credit is approved, credit limits are generally one gas delivery, which means the previous delivery must be paid before another delivery is made. You will have a variety of payment options including budget billing and auto-debit. Applicants whose credit has not been approved will be required to pay cash on delivery.
CREDIT TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits us from discriminating against you in any way in the granting of credit. The federal agency which administers compliance with this law is the Federal Trade Commission, Washington, D.C. 20580. We have given to you and you acknowledge receipt of a complete description of the terms of our Credit Agreement and our Billing Error Rights, which appear on page 2 of this form.
Pricing: For the Period through (“Pricing Period”), Saveway Petroleum will deliver fuel to you at a variable price. Saveway Petroleum has secured in advance the estimated amount of heating oil required to meet your needs during the Pricing Period. For this consideration, you agree to purchase your heating oil exclusively from Saveway Petroleum at the price indicated above during the Pricing Period, maintain your account on automatic delivery and remit all outstanding balances when due. The contract agreed upon price will expire at the end of the Pricing Period without further notification, and subsequent deliveries will be made at the prevailing retail price in effect at the time of delivery. Shouldyou cancel your account for any reason, remove your account from automatic delivery, or fail to pay your bill within agreed upon terms over the period of this contract price agreement, you will be charged an early termination fee of $150 in addition to any outstanding balance you may owe.
FUEL DELIVERY AND SERVICE AGREEMENT
Terms and Conditions
1. Parties. In these Terms and Conditions the words we, us, our and ours mean the Seller. The words you, your and yours mean each and every Buyer or Applicant.
2. Deliveries: Fuel deliveries will be made to you on an automatic delivery basis at the pricing disclosed on the front of this Agreement, and subject to these terms and conditions and those of the front of the Agreement. A meter-printed delivery ticket will be left each time a delivery is made. You agree to accept each delivery and to pay the full amount shown on each delivery invoice in full within ten (10) days after the fuel is delivered to you.
3. Non Delivery Conditions: We will not be responsible for failure to deliver fuel for any of the following reasons: fuel shortages, scarcity of labor, delay in deliveries by our suppliers, embargoes, strikes, riots, accidents, disorders, Acts of God, acts of any type by any governmental authority, or for any reason beyond our reasonable control. We will not be responsible for damages for failure to deliver fuel to vacant or unattended premises (in this agreement, the term “vacant or unattended premises” shall mean premises at which no adult occupant is present for at least twenty-four (24) consecutive
hours). We are not responsible for run outs in the first year of this agreement. In each and every case, we have the right either to cancel or to postpone any delivery without any lability whatsoever.
4. Service Contract: If you have a service contract with us, your account will remain on auto delivery and you will pay the invoice in full within thirty (30) days.
5. Services Charges: If we perform service work for you, which are not covered by any type of service contract, warranty or guarantee, we will mail you an invoice which shall cover both parts and labor, and you agree to pay it in full within thirty (30) days.
6. Billing: If you have an invoice for fuel deliveries or service work that is not paid within 30 days you will incur a finance charge on the amount owing that is beyond 30 day terms. That charge will show up on your next monthly statement after the finance charge is posted. Customer that choose the budget payment plan do not pay by the invoice. They are required to make a monthly budget payment that is due each month preferably on or before the 15th of each month.
7. Return Check Charges: Any check that is returned to Saveway Petroleum for any reason will result in a $25.00 fee charged to your account.
LATE FEE is computed by a “Periodic Rate” of 1.5% per month, which is an ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE OF 18%. We will figure the late fee on your account by the Adjusted Balance Method. In no event will the late fee charge be more than what the law allows.
9. Collection Costs: You agree to pay, in addition to your balance, all costs of collection as permitted by law, including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees.
10. Irregular Payment and Delay in Enforcement: We can accept late payments, partial payments or payments marked “payment in full,” without losing any of our rights under this Agreement. We can also delay in enforcing our rights under this Agreement without losing any of our rights under this Agreement.
11. Amendment or Changes: We can change this Agreement, including the LATE FEE and ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE, at any time, provided we give you at least 30 days’ written notice before the beginning of the billing period in which the change becomes effective.
12. Cancellation: We or you can cancel your account at any time on 30 days written notice. You agree to remain responsible for all contractual promises and purchases made by you before the 30-day period expires and for the early termination fee, if any, due pursuant to the pricing outlined on the front of this Agreement. We agree to honor our pricing promises to you, provided that if we deem your credit unsatisfactory, or if you fail to make a payment on time, we may suspend deliveries and service under this Agreement or terminate this Agreement with or without notice and without further responsibility.
WHY DO PRICES VARY FROM ONE SUPPLIER TO ANOTHER?
Oil and propane suppliers operate in a very competitive marketplace and prices may vary from one company to another.
In addition, propane companies can offer many services and programs to their customers. At times, the cost of some of these services and programs may be included in the price of the propane. Full-service oil and propane providers will normally be slightly more expensive than companies that provide limited, will-call, COD delivery.
Some companies may not include the cost of services and programs in the price of the propane, but may have add-on costs for these options. These costs may be in the form of tank lease fees, minimum usage fees, refund policy, delivery charges, penalties for exiting a contract, etc. It is up to each consumer to take the time to educate themselves as to the options and charges offered by each propane company they are considering.
As you can see, the price of the oil or propane is only one step in evaluating a company.
IS OILHEAT AN EFFICIENT WAY TO HEAT A HOME?
Yes, Oilheat has always provided efficient and affordable warmth, and it’s gotten even better in recent years. Most of today’s oilfired systems display the U.S. Department of Energy’s ENERGY STAR® label, which signifies that they are technologically advanced and clean-burning, with near-zero emissions levels. Some Oilheat systems have efficiency ratings that exceed 95%, and all Oilheat systems are compatible with clean, green Bioheat® fuel.
DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE A PROPANE TANK?
Small propane cylinders such as the ones used on gas grills or RVs are usually owned by the consumer. These cylinders are portable and normally taken to be refilled at a propane refilling station, or they can be exchanged at a propane cylinder exchange cabinet.
Most large stationary tanks are owned by the propane company that provides service to the property and are leased or on loan to the customer. It is illegal for propane to be put into or taken out of a propane tank without the tank owner’s permission. The propane company is responsible for maintaining their tank.
Customers who own their propane tanks are responsible for tank and gas system maintenance to ensure the tank’s continued suitability for storing propane safely.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN I AM DUE FOR A DELIVERY?
If you are an Automatic Route Delivery customer, Northeast Oil & Propane will know when you are ready for a delivery. We monitor weather conditions and your usage history and fill your tank accordingly.
If you are a Will Call customer, you are responsible for monitoring the amount of fuel in the tank and calling us for deliveries. We require a minimum of 5 working days notice for delivery.
Letting your tank run completely out is not only unsafe, but you may incur additional charges for a delivery.
I HEARD OILHEAT ISN'T CLEAN - WHAT'S THE TRUTH?
Just like old cars, older heating systems produced undesirable levels of combusition emissions. But today’s Oilheat technology
has been tested by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Brookhaven National Laboratory and has been found to emit virtually no smoke. That’s because today’s Oilheat systems can achieve annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) ratings of 95% or higher. That’s one reason Oilheat emissions aren’t even regulated by the Federal Clean Air Act. And even with old systems, annual tune-ups and preventive maintenance can reduce emissions and improve equipment efficiency.
WILL I HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT FOR PROPANE DELIVERY?
Ask to see the company’s contract before you agree to the installation of a propane tank. Look for the fine print details. They could contain information about penalties or add-on charges.
IS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASING HEATING FUEL?
Yes, there are a number of resources available if your household qualifies. Contact the Department of Human Services (DHS) or Low Income Housing Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), or Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). These federally funded programs may be able to assist you in paying for heating oil or propane. Make sure you choose a supplier that accepts these programs.